My last post about summer wardrobes was more of a trend prediction and some wistful summer window shopping, this post is all about the basics that can be translated into pretty much any Lolita style!
- Parasol- A parasol is a pretty good addition to any summer Lolita wardrobe because it's like a portable patch of shade! Consider a UV blocking parasol, or at least an opaque one and avoid lace parasols, as they are more pretty decoration that useful at blocking the sun.
- Cutsews- Cutsews are perfect for summer wear! They're usually much less stuffy than blouses and the jersey knit is better at keeping you cool.
- Cute hair ties- For those that don't want to suffer through the summer in a wig! Plan on wearing your hair simply and naturally and spice it up a little with a few cute hair ties. Personally, I think pig tails or braids are the perfect lazy-day summer hair style!
- Summer themed accessories- Whatever theme you feel is the most summer, add a little bit of it to your wardrobe with some themed accessories! Whether summer reminds you of sun-ripened strawberries, roses in bloom, or something more nautical themed.
- Hats- A hat with a brim is going to further help keep the sun off your face!
- Short socks- As a Lolita who's been around for a while, I've sort of been waiting years for short socks to be popular in Lolita again, because a summer spent in long socks and tights is a summer spent hot and sweaty.
- Secret shorts- Skip the bloomers! No one will know if you're wearing a casual pair of lounge shorts under your dress! It's always tempting just to nix the bloomers completely in the summer, because they're just so awful in hot weather, even the shortest pair (It's the elastic, I swear! There's nothing I want less in hot weather than wearing elasticized clothes), but to keep it modest, switch to shorts instead.
What sort of changes do you make in your wardrobe during the summer? Are you one of those Lolitas who is content to melt away in full, and fabulous, Lolita? Or do you have to make changes to how you wear Lolita in the hottest months?
Check out these other posts in the LBC on the same topic!
♤ Imaprincess ♤ Lace a la Mode ♤ Lolita in the Sky With Diamonds ♤ Ramble Rori ♤ A Sweet Lolita's Disney Life ♤ Jess Cosmic Delight ♤ Jewelry Box of Starry-eyed Lolita ♤