- Tartan. I think the one print that matches the season most of all is Tartan or Plaid, especially in muted and earth tone colors. Maybe it's Tartan's association with back to school, or the fact that it's often made of a thicker and warmer fabric, but Tartans are always perfect for fall.
- Heraldry and royalty. While this is a rare to see coats of arms in prints, it is much more common to see crowns used. This is probably just a personal preference, but for some reason these things, especially combined with subdued classic colors and printed in dull golds or warm browns, always reminds me of autumn. It might be the color combos that are so often used with these prints, or maybe it's the link to history and so these prints sort of have a back-to-school feel, just like Tartan.
- Forest scenes. Even if the forests aren't gold and red and in full autumn bloom I still find forest scenes to be very Autumnal when it comes to Lolita prints.
- Deer. This can sometimes go hand in hand with a forest scene print, but a print featuring deer, so long as it's not Angelic Pretty's pink chubby cartoon deers, always screams Autumn to me.
- Apples. An infrequent theme that is just perfect for the Fall season, for obvious reasons.
- Floral prints in muted colors. While pastel flowers might be very Summery, flowers in muted browns, dusty pinks, and dark salmony pinks are very reminiscent of Fall and sometimes even goes so far as to look like bunches of red and gold leaves to me.
Here are some specific prints that always feel very Autumnal to me, especially in these colors.
What are some of your favorite pieces to wear in the Fall? Or pieces, prints or non-prints, that you've always wanted to get a hold of to wear in this season? Do you match your wardrobe, even just some of it, to the seasons? Or does your wardrobe know no seasons besides adding some layers in the winter?