- 5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style
- 5 movies for Lolitas
- What my own Lolita lifestyle is like
- Favorite thing to put on my head
- My wardrobe turnover
- My favorite Lolita brand
- Why I wear Lolita?
- Why don't I wear Lolita more often?
- 5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
- How I first found out about Lolita
- 3 trends I wish would come back
- Combining other fashions with Lolita
- Lolitas I have met in real life
- Lolitas I would love to meet
- 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
- 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
- My first meetup
- Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
- Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
- How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
- Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
- How I accessorize
- What influences my Lolita style
- What's in my makeup bag
- Best places to wear Lolita
- How I get out of a wardrobe slump
- Purses that I love
- Bloomers or no bloomers?
- Lolitafying things in my everyday life
- How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
- Impulse buys that were totally worth it
- My best deal
- Something that I made
- Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
- What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
- Nails to match my favorite looks
- Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
- Favorite hair style
- Most versatile Lolita item I own
- 5 inspirational fictional characters
- Fondest meetup memory
- The ways in which I fit the cliche
- The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
- How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
- Something that was a gift
- Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
- The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
- My "signature" outfit
- My favorite Lolita print
- What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
- Predict the next Lolita trend!
- How Lolita has changed me
Considering it's a whole new year, now is as good as a time as any to start this. The first week's question that I pulled was:
Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
Over the years I've come to the realization that, despite how much I might love something, if it's not my style I'm probably not going to feel comfortable wearing it, and I'll eventually just start to dislike it. I've learned that it's okay to like a style without feeling the need to wear it.
One of my major "Oh my gosh I love that, but I'd totally never wear it!" items are Baby's Rococo styled dresses from about 2007-2008... in white.
Angelic Lolita", only even more over the top.
However, as much as I love looking at these dresses, and seeing other people in them, I simply can't imagine myself ever wearing one! Besides the fact that they're usually a few hundred dollars out of my price rage, I would be too paranoid to ever wear an all white outfit for any extended amount of time, and I can't really imagine any of them would look very flattering on me. Most of all, they're probably the exact opposite of the styles that I feel comfortable wearing, so I can only imagine wearing one of these gorgeous dresses would probably be an incredibly awkward and uncomfortable experience!
What about the rest of you? Anything out there you love, but you just can't imagine every actually wearing it?